Monovision reading glasses correction: seeing clearly both close by and far away
Having trouble reading the newspaper or labels?
From the age of 42 years, people slowly lose their eye focusing ability and gradually become more farsighted. This is called presbyopia. Monovision is a way to compensate for the loss of focusing ability: the ophthalmologist then ensures that one eye can see well far away, and that the other eye can see well close by. After a successful monovision reading glasses correction you can see well without glasses both close by and far away.
What is a monovision reading glasses correction?
Monovision is a compromise; you sacrifice part of your long distance vision to be able to read small print close by again. The contrast also slightly deteriorates. Therefor Monovision is suitable for people who do many different things per day, such as reading the newspaper, getting something out of the fridge and reading the use-by date, attending meetings, going to the supermarket or playing tennis, but who do not drive a car over long distances. Monovision is less suitable for people who have to focus on a fixed distance for a long time, for instance when working on a computer, and people who do much reading or drive long distances. If that is the case, then glasses remain the best solution.
Who is suitable for a monovision reading glasses correction?
- Both your eye disorder strength and the lens power of your reading glasses are a negative value.
- You have worn monovision contact lenses for some time without any problems.
- In your profession, you often switch from looking close by to far away and vice versa.
- Your eyes are stable, meaning that you do not expect any more major changes in your eye disorder.
Who is not suitable for a monovision reading glasses correction?
- If you do not have a strength for seeing far away and if you only use reading glasses, then a monovision reading glasses correction is not a good option for you.
Do you seem to qualify for this treatment, on the basis of the criteria above? Then we would like to invite you to make an appointment for an extensive preliminary examination, to discuss all the possibilities with you in detail.
Are you not suitable for the monovision reading glasses correction? Then of course we can do something about your far-away eye disorder strength.